Thursday, July 21, 2011

QUICHE

While browsing simplecomfortfood I saw a recipe for quiche.  I knew then that it had been too long since I have had quiche (2-3 years, maybe) and that it would have to be dinner sometime soon.

So tonight I made quiche. 

I was lazy and took a roll of crescent rolls and pressed them into a pie plate.  I'm lazy and didn't feel like making a pie crust.  Or going to the store (its 90+ degrees) and buying a premade crust.  They don't fit properly, so you do have to rip them a bit and make them fit.  If you use a normal pie crust, you have to bake it for about 14 minutes at 375.




Chop up your potato(s) and add them to a pot of boiling water.  This was actually too many potatoes.







Chop up the rest of your veggies.  I used one stalk of green onion, part of a carrot, part of a orange pepper, celery, and bacon.  I realize bacon isn't a veggie, but I used bacon bits to be lazier.




 Put them in a pan with some olive oil, cook/saute till soft for a bit.







Put some cheese on the pie crust, and put your potatoes on top. 







put the rest of your veggies in there also.








In another bowl, beat 3 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, dash of salt, dash of pepper, and dash of dried mustard.  Beat very well.  Pour into pie crust.  Put more cheese on top.






Put on cookie sheet covered with foil, as to catch any drips that may or may not happen.

Put in oven (375*F) for 35 minutes.





Let cool, cut, serve, eat.  Repeat as needed till full.  YUM!

I got a "very very good" from TJ :D









1 cup of chopped up potatoes
1/4 c bacon bits
1/4 c chopped colored bell pepper (I used orange cuz its what I had on hand)
1/4 c chopped carrot
1/4 c green onion
1/4 c chopped celery
3 eggs
1/2 c milk
1 cup of cheese (anything you want!)
dash pepper
dash salt
dash dry mustard
Pie crust (or crescent rolls if you're like me)


Cook pie crust OR press crescent rolls into the pie plate.  If using crescent rolls, do not bake!  They puff up and are done and if you were to cook them again they'd burn and it wouldn't be tasty.  Trust me.

Cut up the potatoes into bite size chunks (skin on or off, doesn't matter).  Boil for about 7 minutes, or till a little over 1/2 done.

Saute your veggies and the bacon bits in a bit of oil in a pan.  cook till soft.

Beat your eggs and milk and spices until blended well.

Add a layer of cheese to bottom of pie crust. Add potatoes and veggies.  Pour eggs over top, top with another layer of cheese.  Put in oven (375*F) for 35 minutes or until cooked through.  Let cool a few minutes and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment