Sadly, Grandma's chocolate chip cookies have no secret ingredients, except maybe love. They're a crisco recipe.....their "ultimate chocolate chip cookies." But to me? They'll always be Grandma's cookies.
I made these while at J's house last weekend.....Pirate, M, S, and all the others enjoyed eating them while i made the pumpkin bars and we watched doctor who - past episodes. Noone baked while the new (sad) episode was on.
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 (6 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
1. HEAT oven to 375ºF.
2. COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.Eat some raw dough (it won't hurt you) (unless you have a compromised immune system, then don't eat raw dough - i don't want you to get sick!)
3. DROP by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 3 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
4. BAKE 8 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies, or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet on a cooling rack. Remove cookies to rack to cool completely.5. EAT to your hearts content. or your belt. whichever.Favorite cookies, hand down. (I will eat other cookies tho.):)