Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Breakfast Hash

So Jessica over at how sweet it is popped up on my facebook feed this AM with this wonderful recipe: Grilled corn summer breakfast hash.  However, since I don't have any grilled corn, nor was I going to run to the store, buy corn, and grill it, I decided to make this dish MY way :D  Its still totally inspired by Jessica tho :D

I'm using bacon bits and frozen corn, so I jump straight in with roasting the potatoes, instead of making the bacon.  Because there is no bacon fat, I use a small bit of olive oil.

Start roasting your potatoes.   Put them in your pan on the stove in some oil.  Cook for 8-10 minutes.  Your potatoes will start to turn brown and yummy.












Add your bell pepper and green onion.  It will start to smell really really good right now. Cook for 5 more minutes.










Add some cut up zucchini.  YUM!  Cook for another 5 minutes.










This is what it starts to look like.
















And this. SO MUCH WIN!
















After cooking your mixture for another 5 minutes, turn off the heat and add your corn (I heated up my frozen corn) and bacon bits!
















Look at this!  Bacon, peppers, potatoes, zucchinin, onion, corn, all mixed into one meal!










Lots of fun colors.

I'm sure adding mushrooms woulda been good too; too bad I don't have any right now :(










I wish, now, that I had taken more...
















Or if you're TJ, you scramble some egg in with it all and mix it up.

Too bad I don't like scrambled egg...










2.5 tablespoons of bacon bits
4 potatoes, chopped into cubes
1 small zucchini, chopped
1 tsp of pre-chopped garlic (2 tsp of garlic, minced)
1 yellow pepper chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1 cup frozen corn, heated
1 tablespoon olive oil (you may not need this)
1 green onion, chopped
salt and pepper
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add some oil, and add potatoes with a sprinkle of salt and pepper to the bacon fat and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring and tossing every few minutes. 
Add peppers and onions (and another little sprinkle of salt and pepper) to potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring. At this time you may need to add more olive oil depending on how much oil is left. After 5 minutes, add in the zucchini and garlic and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring. Turn off heat, add in corn and bacon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment