So i didn't eat today...well, not anything healthy :P
I made dinner for tomorrow after work. I took a recipe I found on a local website, and modified it :D
Thick N’ Hearty Chicken Cheese Soup -Makes 6 servings
- 1 big carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ¼ cup green onion, diced
- 3 tbsps. butter or margarine
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 (10-3/4 oz.) can fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 (12.5 oz.) can chicken
- 1 cup 2% shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, cook carrots and green onion in hot margarine or butter about 10 minutes or until tender but not browned. Stir in flour. Slowly add milk, chicken broth, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Sir in chicken and cheese. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese melts. Serve hot.
i've been eating too many oreos lately...they're in my room, by the door, not my bed, but still...i don't want TJ, D or C to eat them! i nom on them in class...maybe i should bring something healthier, but i don't have funds till the 12th...hmmmm
gonna look up some crock-pot recipes for next week. tomorrow (friday) i'm making spicy roasted chicken legs..TJ is going out and buying me chicken legs :D what a great guy!