Saturday, July 2, 2011

asparagus!

Yesterday (thursday) I was given some asparagus by TJ's parents, so I decided that today I would use it, before I forgot and it became mushy. 

Preheat oven to 350*F. I cleaned the asparagus by putting it in cold water and swishing it around.  I then cut the ends off and put the stalks in a gallon ziplock bag.  Pour olive oil (or veggie oil, I use olive oil) in the bag, garlic salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.  Zip bag shut and shake.  Put a sheet of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet (mine has edges, i think thats best, so juices stay in the pan, and don't drip in the oven) and put the asparagus on the sheet, spread out a bit, not all bunched in one spot.  Lick your hand, cuz it'll taste AMAZING :D.  Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes, depending on the amount of asparagus you have.  Then call your boyfriend over, stand over the stove, and eat it all within 5 minutes.

YUM!

This recipe is actually from TJ's mom...I didn't make it up.  I wish I had tho...it sure is yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment