Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pancakes

Pancakes.

My mom's recipe, to be exact.

Homemade buttermilk pancakes are the ONLY pancake I'll eat and enjoy.

I've tried other people's pancakes, I've gone to IHOP and tried theirs, I've tried perkins, etc...nothing was as good as home made :D

So, how do you make these awesome pancakes?

You take 2 cups of flour, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda, 2 eggs, 1/4 cup oil, and 2 1/4 cups of buttermilk, and stir it all in with a whisk until most of the lumps are gone.

Then you use 1/3 or 1/4 cup and cook on a hot griddle sprayed with pam (or use oil spread around like I do)

Makes quite a few...my house of 3 boys and I finished them off within 5 minutes or so. Next time, I'm going to double the recipe like my mom does for all 7 of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment